Terms to know:
Subscription: The total memberships available to a company that allow invited users to access ITProTV.
Seats: The number of available memberships you can assign to users to allow access to ITProTV.
User: A person assigned a seat on a subscription to ITProTV’s learning platform.
Seat Admin: A person assigned access to the ProPortal (Seat admins do not use seats).
Activate: The action that gives users a seat on your subscription.
Deactivate: The action that removes users from a seat on your subscription.
Team: A group of users created by a Seat Admin, by job role or learning goals.
Activity: A summary of User’s/Team’s/Subscription’s viewings, usually generated as an Excel document.
(Learning) Module: A collection of content (episodes and/or courses) with a name and a description created to be assigned to one or more Users.
Assignment: A Module that has been assigned to one or more Team Members with a due date.
Understanding your Account
To get to your ProPortal account, simply go to https://proportal.itpro.tv/ and login with your ITProTV credentials. You can also log into ProPortal through the ITProTV Dashboard directly, by clicking on the ProPortal button in the top right corner of the webpage.
Once you’re logged in, it’s important to understand the details of your account.
Firstly, you’ll see how many seats you have available and how many have already been allocated. You’ll also see your access dates and a graph of your team’s overall usage for the subscription.
This screenshot shows 30 seats have been allocated from a possible 50 at the moment, so 20 are still available to assign; this will change as you invite your team to the service.
Below this, you will see the headers for different sections of the ProPortal: Users, Teams, Assignments, and Details.
- Users covers your subscription memberships and permissions. You can add or remove users, add or remove admins, and reset passwords.
- Teams allows you to group users by departments or job roles and helps easily manage assignments by these sections of your company.
- Assignments creates individualized plans for users and teams, and gives metrics on their completions and participation in these learning goals.
- Details shows your subscriptions' access levels, with each feature that is included in your account membership.
Inviting New Users
Inviting users couldn’t be easier. First, choose the access you want this user to have:
- ITProTV Subscription – Gives a team member access to the great ITPro.TV content on https://app.itpro.tv.
- ProPortal Admin – Access to https://proportal.itpro.tv/ only - the user will be able to re-allocate user profiles and set assignments.
- Both – As it sounds, the user will be able to access both the learning content via ITPro.TV and management in ProPortal.
Clicking the Invite button will pop out this form:
Enter their first name, last name, email, and which team (if applicable) to add them to in the appropriate boxes and select the bubble associated with their access rights. Hit invite… (see, told you it was easy). This action will trigger an email to the user with a hyperlink to a password creation page. Once they’ve chosen a password, they’re good to go and get started with ITProTV.
- If you are adding admin access to a member who already has an active seat with your team, you can follow the above instructions and then select “Give user ProPortal(admin)” and invite them again. This will add ProPortal privileges to their active ITProTV subscription account, after they log out and log back in to refresh their updated access.
- If your user already has an account or misses their password creation timeframe, have your user head to the main login page and request a password reset there. This will get their password and account set-up in one go!
- If a user is not invited to the subscription by the seat admin, they will NOT be able to create an account on their own. Seat admins, please assist your team by creating and activating user’s seats as quickly as possible.
User Management and User Activity Overview
Each user created will be labeled in your ProPortal home screen, and you can filter this list to make your view easier by selecting the group in this dropdown menu.
Most of the time, it’s going to be the Active list you’re after. Once selected, it’ll show the people making use of the available seats in alphabetical order. We’re passionate about these seats being used, so if you allocate a seat to an individual that goes on to leave your organization, you can deactivate and re-assign their seat to someone new.
Next to their name you’ll see a dropdown arrow, which will give you several options for each subscription user, based on their current status:
- You can remove a team member’s access to the account subscription by selecting "Deactivate Subscription”.
- You will also be able to remove admin rights from other admins by selecting “Remove Admin Rights”. This will NOT deactivate their active subscription seat automatically, if they have both privileges.
- If a member of your team is having issues with logging in, you can send a password reset to their email by clicking the “Reset Password” button below their seat. The password reset links are time-sensitive and remain active for 15 minutes, so be sure to alert the user immediately to check their inbox (as well as their Spam/Junk folder) for this email when initiated.
- If a user reaches out who was previously active on the subscription, you can search their name/email and reactivate their seat through the “Activate Subscription” button. Please ensure you have enough seats available to reactivate the user before doing so.
Clicking the “Activity” button next to any user’s name will show their Activity screen, giving you a brief overview of that individual's activity to date.
Things to look for here are a regular login activity and lots of episodes under “Viewed Completely”. If they are a member of any teams or assignments, this will be noted below with links each section by clicking the appropriate title.
- If you would like to download their individual activity report, click the “Download Activity” button. This will generate an Excel spreadsheet of their full viewing history.
Organization Activity Overview and Export
Seeing one person’s overall activity is great, but there will be times that you want to see the whole organization’s behavior. Above the “Filter by Status” dropdown menu in the User section, you will see buttons to download reports on your team’s activity for 3 types of information: Viewings, Labs, and Logins. Clicking any one of these buttons will immediately generate and download an Excel spreadsheet showing your team’s statistics on the selected information.
For a walkthrough of the Assignments feature check out these articles:
Having trouble with your ProPortal? Send Customer Success (Success@ITPro.TV) a message about the issue, we’d be happy to help.