My Android app is showing an error message when I try to load it and I cannot log into the app at all. How can I access your courses through the app?
- After many needed changes, ITProTV pulled our previous version of the Android App on September 1st, 2019. If you have this previous version, the app will no longer allow you to connect to our site and will show a "Failure to Initialize" message.
- Our newest Android app is available in the Google Play store so we recommend if you are having issues like the above, please delete your current app and download the available app from the Google Play store.
I have a paid membership but when I load the app, I am asked to upgrade my account before viewing any content. Why am I seeing this?
- If your subscription is not properly linked through your device, your account may be showing as "Free Member" on the app. Please log into your account through a mobile browser and check to see if your device is linked; you can see this through the Account Settings>Linked Devices.
- If you do not see your device in the History section or it is showing as "Inactive", you will need to log into your app through the "Account Settings" section of the app. Once this is done, you will see a new active device added.
- If you are still having issues even with the device showing as "Active", please revoke the device, log out of your app, and try logging in again.
How do I get the next episode to play automatically?
- Next video will not be queued up when you're in full screen mode - You'll have to exit full screen. In portrait mode, you will see the episodes in order from top to bottom for the course you are viewing.
How do I adjust the speed or resolution?
- These options can be found when viewing an episode in the three dot menu (kebab) located in the top right corner of the video player. If you do not see the three dot menu, click on the episode that you intend to view.
- Within this menu, we support up to 2x speed.
- Default is 720p and some content (all of our new content) is supported in 1080p.
Can I listen to audio only?
- Yes, you can! When playing a video, click the Ear icon in the top right corner. The Ear icon will turn orange when Podcast Mode is enabled. You are then able to leave the app and still hear the content. You'll be able to pause from your tray notifications.
- To speed up audio, you will need to set your desired speed before switching to Podcast Mode.
How do I switch between landscape, portrait, or full screen?
- If your phone has auto-rotate on, when watching a video and turning to landscape, your video will automatically go full screen landscape and vice versa if you turn the phone back to portrait.
- If your phone has auto-rotate off, click the square button on the bottom right corner of the video player to enable full screen landscape mode.
Account and Access
How do I download videos?
- Only Annual members have the ability to download content. ( For more on accessing certain content, click here)
- Download options can be found when viewing an episode in the three dot menu (kebab) located in the top right corner of the video player. If you do not see the three dot menu, click on the episode that you intend to view.
- To delete episodes from the app, navigate to the Downloads section of the app and swipe left or right on the episode; an orange trash can icon will appear on the opposite side of the episode. Click this trash can icon and the episode will be removed from your app.
- Android mobile browser makes downloading easier - Check out our article on easy downloading from your Android mobile browser. Click Here!
- To change your default download resolution, go to the Account Menu and select Download Quality prior to downloading content.
I signed out of my Android app and now my downloads are gone - Where did they go?
- For security purposes, downloads will be automatically deleted after sign out from any of our apps.
How do I upgrade my membership through the Android app?
- You can take a look at our membership plans and pricing through the Account Menu, however, if you wanted to upgrade please exit the Android app and go directly to our website.
- Once you're on a browser, proceed with your upgrade through your Account Settings page. Click here for how to upgrade your account!
Additional Help and Resources
I need to contact Member Services for help - What's the best way?
- If you’re having account or site related issues, you can contact ITProTV using the "Contact Support" option on the "Account Menu" (top right icon from home page). From there, click "Start Conversation".