I have a paid membership but when I load the app, I am asked to upgrade my account before viewing any content. Why am I seeing this?
- If your subscription is not properly linked through your device, your account may be showing as Free Member on the app. Please log into your account through a mobile browser and verify your device is linked; you can see this through the Account Settings>Linked Devices.
- If you do not see your device in the History section or it is showing as Inactive, you will need to log into your app through the Account Settings section of the app. Once this is done, you will see a new Active device added.
- If you are still having issues even with the device showing as Active, please revoke the device, log out of your app, and try logging in again.
**When signing out of an app, some data may be lost.
I have an iPad/iPhone and my app no longer allows me to access the content or will not load at all. How can I fix this?
- If you have an older version of iOS software, your device may no longer be compatible with our latest app.
- Please check to ensure your app is fully updated (App Store>Account>Purchased then check for ITPro.TV) and your device has the latest iOS software version (Settings>General>Software Update).
How do I get the next episode in the course to play?
- We have continuous play on our iOS app! At the end of each episode in a course, you’ll have three options to continue your viewing:
- Click Next Episode to go to the sequential episode of the course*
- Click Dashboard to return to the home page
- Click Courses to return to the full topic and episode list.
How do I adjust the speed or resolution?
- To adjust the speed controls, tap the player window; you’ll see the current speed in top right corner of player window. The available speed range is 0.1x to 2.0x.
- To adjust the resolution controls, tap the player window, then tap the gear icon in the lower right corner. The default resolution for our videos is 720p but some, newer courses have up to 1080p.
Can I play courses with audio only?
- Yes, you can! When playing a video, click the headphone icon in the top right corner. The headphone icon will turn orange when Audio Only mode is enabled. A player control bar will appear at the bottom of the app with the episode title with buttons to pause/play and advance to the next episode.
- While in Audio Only mode you can navigate away from app, or lock your screen, and still hear the content. You'll be able to pause/play from your tray notifications, but you'll need to unlock your phone and open the app to change episodes.
- To speed up audio, set your desired speed on the video player before switching to Audio Only mode.
How do I switch between landscape, portrait, or full screen?
- If your phone has autorotate on, when watching a video and turning to landscape, your video will automatically go full screen landscape and vice versa if you turn the phone back to portrait.
- If your phone has autorotate off, click the square button on the bottom right corner of the video player to enable full screen landscape mode.
How do I tell if I’ve watched a video?
- We’ve made it easy for you to know which episodes you’ve completed in the course. Look for the check marks next to the episode title in the course list.
Account and Access
How do I download videos?
- Only Annual members can download content. (For more on accessing certain content, click here)
- Each episode will need to be downloaded individually. Select the episode you would like to download and look for the download button (a downward arrow over a horizontal line):
- Once you have clicked this icon, the episode should begin downloading (spinning circle icon) and download to your Downloads section of the app (The middle bottom icon of the downward arrow over a horizontal line). Just navigate here to playback the episode.
- To change your default download resolution, go to the Account Settings and select Download Quality prior to downloading content.
- To delete downloads in your app, swipe right or left on an episode and an orange Delete icon will appear on the opposite side. Clicking the orange Delete icon will then delete the episode from your phone.
I signed out of my iOS app and now my downloads are gone - Where did they go?
- For security purposes, downloads will be automatically deleted after sign-out from any of our apps.
Do you have Airplay or Chromecast available on the iOS app?
- AirPlay is available on our iOS app, however, Chromecast is not supported in our iOS app. Many members have successfully casted using a mobile web browser.
How do I upgrade my membership through the iOS app?
- You can look at our membership plans and pricing through the Account Settings. If you would like to upgrade, please exit the app and go directly to our website.
- Once you're on a browser, proceed with your upgrade through your Account Settings page. Click here for how to upgrade your account!
I have a subscription for ITProTV through Apple Subscriptions. What's the difference?
- ITProTV subscriptions through Apple Subscriptions have the same great features and access as our own site's subscriptions; you can log in using your credentials on the app as well as online.
- However, when you are ready to cancel your ITProTV account, you will need to cancel your subscription through the Apple Subscriptions page to ensure no continuing renewals. For any issues regarding Apple Subscriptions, please reach out to the Apple Support team.
Additional Help and Resources
I need to contact Member Services for help - What's the best way?
- If you’re having account or site related issues, you can contact ITProTV using the Contact Support option in the Account Settings (bottom right icon). From there, click New Conversation.