What are virtual labs?
Virtual labs are virtual machines designed to replicate an environment where you can access live IT systems in real-time. Practice-Labs makes it easy to practice what you learn in a safe environment at your own convenience with no extra equipment required. For a walk-through of the labs by the founder Ricky Doyle, check out this video in our ITProTV series here!
- Labs can be accessed on either a windows PC with a plugin or via an HTML5 interface in any of our supported browsers.
- In order to access virtual labs, members must have either a Premium Monthly or Premium Annual membership.
A user guide with more detailed information regarding virtual labs can be found here.
Accessing a virtual lab:
Directly through the course
- If a course has virtual labs available, there will be a link to them at the top of the page under the course title.
- After you click on the link for the virtual lab, a list of all of the lab modules for that course will show.
- Click on the lab module that you would like to use. You will be taken to another page where you will see the lab instructions.
- After looking over the objectives and instructions, click on the link to open the lab.
Through the virtual lab section of the website
- Once logged in, click on the "VIRTUAL LABS" icon on the left dashboard.
- This will take you to a list of all the virtual labs that we offer.
- Select the vendor of the lab you are looking. After that, you can select the lab you would like to launch.
If you have any additional questions regarding virtual labs, please contact us using the chat bubble at the bottom of the screen.